The Credit Union
Members Helping Members
Northeastern University Federal Credit Union (NEUFCU) was founded in 1968 to help the employees of Northeastern University and its affiliates gain access to a wide range of highly competitive financial products and services. Members help members by providing a source for low cost credit while enjoying a high rate of return on their savings. Because NEUFCU is a non-profit institution, all earnings are returned to credit union members in the form of dividends and improved products and services.
Who Can Join
Who can join NEUFCU? You are eligible to join if you are:
- An employee, faculty, administrative staff, vendor, and contractor of Northeastern University, the Forsyth Dental Center or the New England Conservatory of Music.
- Any immediate family of an employee, faculty, administrative staff, vendor, and contractor of Northeastern University, the Forsyth Dental Center or the New England Conservatory of Music. Immediate family defined as spouse, son, daughter, mother, father.
- A present or former student of any of the above named institutions
Hours of Operation and Directions
Northeastern University Federal Credit Union
360 Huntington Avenue
Cullinane Hall, Room 129
Boston, MA 02115
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Becoming a Member
Take advantage of all the benefits associated with credit union membership. To become a NEUFCU member, simply open a Savings / Share Account with a $10 minimum balance. To become a member, visit the credit union office at the above address during business hours.
Or call (617) 373-2900 to request materials be sent by mail or email.
To download enrollment materials that can be returned by mail or email, click here.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT & WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA Patriot Act requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
Upon opening an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. In some cases, identification will be requested for current account holders if original documentation was not obtained with the opening of the account.
We ask for your understanding as we work to support these efforts to maintain the security of your funds and our country.
No openings just yet. May submit resume or application by email, fax, or mail.
Board and Management
John Malone - President & Chairperson
Jean Egan - Vice Chairperson
William Kneeland Jr - Treasurer
Kathleen Rufo - Secretary
Thomas Hulbert - Board Member
David McNeil - Board Member
Kathleen O’Brien - Board Member
Brian Burns - Board Member
James O’Shaughnessy - Board Member
Ronald Lavoie - Board Member
George Makris - Board Member
Brian Burns - Chairperson
Ronald Lavoie - Chairperson
Management and Staff
Jackie Hoonjan - Chief Executive Officer
Sharon D’Orazio - Credit Manager
Susanne Lucero - Assistant to the Manager
Cathleen Beasley - Member Service Supervisor
Jennifer McCarron - Member Service Administrator
Westina Fernandes – Member Service Representative
The credit union will be closed the following days:
- Monday, January 2, 2017 – New Year's Day Observed
- Monday, January 16, 2017 – Martin Luther King, Jr Day
- Monday, February 20, 2017 – President's Day
- Monday, April 17, 2017 – Patriot's Day
- Monday, May 29, 2017 – Memorial Day
- Monday, July 3, 2017 – Independence Day
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017 – Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2017 – Labor Day
- Monday, October 9, 2017 – Columbus Day
- Saturday, November 11, 2017 – Veteran's Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2017 – Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 24, 2017 – Day After Thanksgiving Day
- Monday, December 25, 2017 – Christmas Day
- Monday, January 1, 2018 – New Year's Day